Tamagawa Seiki was the first private company in Japan that was certified and registered as an accredited angle calibration laboratory since Japan's angle standard was established in 2003. Based on this accreditation, we newly started angle calibration business, which is carried out in accordance with the international accreditation standard: ISO17025 granted to laboratories or calibration organizations performing angle inspection precisely. We were certified and registered as an accredited angle calibration laboratory for JCSS (Japan Calibration Service System) in 2008.
Accredited angle calibration laboratories calibrate the angle of the object instruments on the basis of the specified procedures and issue certificates to assure the traceability to the national standard. The certificate is also effective in the world.
- Possible to perform ultra-precise angle calibration up to the resolution of 0.001 arc-second
- Possible to measure at 36,000 points per revolution
- Possible to calibrate large-size instruments (Weight: 50 kg/φ400mm/Shaft torque: 0.3 Nm)
- Applicable to calibration for performance evaluations of glass code discs and couplings as well
Tamagawa Seiki was recognized by the calibration organization by JCSS. Authorization criteria is ISO/IEC 17025.JCSS is managed by IAJapan who is a signatory to the international Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(ILAC) and Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(APLAC).Technical- Quality-Management section is recognized by the calibration organization by JCSS.It is internationally effective to the Mutual Recognition Arrangement(MRA). JCSS0227 is the authorization number of this Technical-Quality-Management section.
About Angle Calibration Business
- We accept your calibration request for angle sensors
Please contact us when you need to measure the accuracy of your angle sensor correctly. We calibrate the angle sensor and issue a certificate with JCSS accreditation symbol.
- Applications of an angle sensor with a calibration certificate
(1) Use it as a reference sensor of angle calibrator.
(2) Install it in an angle calibrator and calibrate the equipment.
(3) Perform the accuracy compensation based on calibrated values after incorporating it into your system.
ROM accuracy compensation can enhance the accuracy up to a reproducibility level of an angle sensor.
- We sell calibration certificate-attached angle sensors, which are traceable to the national standard
We can attach calibration certificates to our angle sensors. We provide rotary encoders and resolvers with high precision specifications.
- Responsive to global Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)
Our calibration services and the sales of certificate-attached angle sensors are acceptable in the world.
- Outline of calibration work and calibration certificates
Calibration work is carried out rotating the axis slowly through the attachment tool. In order to consider the misalignment of attachment and the influence of coupling, measurement is performed two or more times in six attachment places. The calibration certificate includes a table and a graph representation which show the average deflection at six attachment places data as the deflection of the angle sensor. Moreover, the uncertainty of measurement is numerically expressed, and the ambiguity contained in a calibration result is defined numerically.
||36000 Point Max
||0.067 arc sec.
||0.001 arc sec.
||50 kg Max
||φ400 mm Max
||0.3 Nm Max
|Signal for measure
||A, Z phase TTL Level
||Prepared by the User
||Except for RON905
||Prepared by the User
||Except for K15
About Angle Calibration
- Outline of calibration work and calibration certificates compliant with JCSS
･Please send us your instrument to be calibrated. We will provide attachment jigs and couplings, if needed.
･Calibration work is carried out rotating the axis slowly through the attachment tool. In order to consider the misalignment of attachment and the influence of coupling, measurement is performed two or more times in six attachment places.
･The calibration certificate includens a table and a graph representation which show the average deflection at six attachment places data as deflection of the angle sensor. Moreover, the uncertainty of measurement is numerically expressed, and the ambiguity contained in a calibration result is defined numerically.
Non-JCSS-compliant calibration work
Depending on the accuracy level of calibrated instruments, when the comparison measurement is permissible, or when the uncertainty of attachment is not required, a simple calibration method is available as well. For details, please contact us.
Applications of calibration results
Deflection data obtained from calibration is applicable to various kinds of data.
- Calibration results enable us to verify that the calibrated angle sensor is within a specified accuracy range with no capacity deflection.
- Highly accurate system is available by incorporating the calibrated angle sensor into your system, using deflection values responding to angle positions, and compensating position data by ROM, etc.
- If you incorporate the calibrated angle sensor into your angle calibration equipment, it can measure accuracy of your angle sensors.
- The calibration can be used to show that traceability to the national standard is secured.
The calibration cost depends on a calibration method. Please inform us of your preferred conditions.
- We issue a certificate with a JCSS logo when strict calibration is performed in accordance with JCSS calibration methods. Please select the methods when you need to secure traceability. We calibrate your instrument with careful consideration of the uncertainty of attachment due to different attachment places. (JCSS-compliant calibration)
- We perform highly accurate calibration by use of the Equally Divided Average Calibration Method when we need to measure 0.1 second deflection level. (Highly accurate calibration)
- We calibrate your instrument by use of the comparison calibration method when we need to measure a- few- second deflection level. (Simple calibration)
The calibration cost depends on the above calibration method, frequency, etc. Please inform us of your preferred calibration conditions.